The aim of the meeting is to present and discuss the results of a study of open access parameters in African public health journals, share good practices and discuss an education programme to facilitate open publishing in Africa.
The meeting welcomes participants in the LIBSENSE-PublicHealth.Africa (PHA) research project and wider members of the collaboration; African journal editors; librarians, World Association of Medical Editors; other interested people and organisations
– Introduction: Open science in Africa and the LIBSENSE/PHA project
– Results of LIBSENSE/PHA project.
– Open Access publishing guidance.
– Q&A and discussion with shared experience from African journals
– Next steps: planning an education programme