LIBSENSE and DORA on March 2, 2022 will hold an hour webinar to discuss how open science practices and research assessment reform may be integrated into regional assessment policies across African higher education institutions, taking cognizance of all the contextual peculiarities
The Webinar will converge subject-matter experts to share their unique experiences in developing and implementing reform approaches in higher education institutions. They are expected to provide insightful responses to key questions like:
- How can research practices be transformed through open science?
- Why should research outputs be considered based on intrinsic merit rather than proxy-measures of quality like journal impact factor or h-index?
- How are current systems of research valuation biased towards the global north?
Date: Wednesday, March 2, 2022
Time: 1:00 PM UTC (link to world time converter here)
Speakers will include:
- Dr. Violet Makuku, Quality Assurance Specialist, Association of African Universities, Ghana
- Dr. Frederick Ato Armah, Dir. Directorate of Research Innovation and Consultancy, University of Cape Coast, Ghana
- Dr. Laura Rovelli, Coordinator, Latin America Forum for Research Assessment, Argentina